The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) is recruiting a Director of Strategy and Communications (DSC) to assist with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining AFAP’s strategic growth.
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY and COMMUNICATIONS
Job Title: Director of Strategy and Communications
Reports to: President/CEO
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa or Accra, Ghana
Duration: 5 years
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, the Director of Strategy and Communications assists with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining AFAP’s strategic growth. S/he will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of an organizational dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness. The DSC is responsible for formalizing the company’s strategic-planning processes and interpreting it for people across functions and business units. S/he will also drive organizational change by forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization, and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the company’s strategy. In addition, the DSC is responsible for assessing whether strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives.
- Leads the development of strategic work plans for the organization, while adhering to direction set by the President/CEO. This includes formalizing and leading the planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence.
- Facilitates the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with senior management and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all both inside and outside the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
- Ensures that appropriate metrics are in place to measure and report performance and progress towards strategic goals.
- Acts as a key advisor to President/CEO on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment
- Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry.
- Leads the development and implementation of consistent practices and strategic frameworks across AFAP
- Oversees the development and implementation of a knowledge management infrastructure and leads in the management of organizational knowledge as a strategic asset to further the organization’s goals.
- Leads the organization’s approach to monitoring and evaluation with a focus on the creation of an organizational dashboard that can be shared externally.
- Oversees key proposal development, high level communications and fundraising activities
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic planning and program development.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously work in business development in fast paced and complex environments.
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze challenges and guide and develop solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to influence on a global and virtual stage, demonstrating an approachable style and inspiring confidence
- Ability to bridge cultural boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, suppliers and customers
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related topic
- Proven track record with strategy planning, development, and execution
Qualified applicants, please send your CV, and a one-page cover letter to support your application along with salary requirements to email@example.com
The closing date for submission of applications is 15 December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.